Re: [ST] Two fatalities in the Lewisville area on Sunday

Same sort of thing happened to my mother in Oktober last year. A cagedriver
turned in front of her and hit her while she was riding on her bicycle (no
not a motorcycle in this case). She died 5 days later due to severe
braindamage. Some people stated that she had a green light while the
cagedriver had red light, which is only relevant for statistics and court,
because it won't help her anymore.

Although the police over here in the Netherlands do their best, they are
lacking manpower and only hope to have all paperwok sorted out within 6 (yes
SIX!) months after the accident. The cagedriver is still driving and
probably will do so after a possible lawsuit. The penalty for these actions
is often not more than 200 hours of community service (i.e. cleaning floors
in a house for the elderly or something). IMHO it is far more than an
accident, it is murder or as Tom wrote "vehicular manslaughter".

It is highly possible that I will be riding the same roads on my ST as this
cagedriver.... And there are others like him..... It is hard for me trying
to find a balance between enjoying my bike and "riding in paranoia", knowing
there could be @ssh#les all around. Defensive riding and protective gear are
absolutely necessary.

Be safe out there and enjoy your bike.

- --Markus