Re: [ST] for Rich - accident key phrases

At 05:28 PM 3/22/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>So, Rich, what does this tell you about how a motorcyclist should ride? I
>would say very, very, very defensively. We won't become old riders if we
>fail to recognize how difficult it is for drivers to see oncoming
>motorcyclist. I can't stress it enough. It is pointless for us to call cage
>drivers obscene names.

Understood.

>We can do a lot to protect ourselves, by adopting a very defensive posture
>when we ride.

Agreed.

I like my brother's system for flying.  Three strikes, you're dead.  Bad weather, one strike.  No helmet, one strike.  Now, anything else goes wrong, you're dead.

His own concept is to never fly with more than one strike, because you can quickly collect a third through mechanical failure or failing to notice the actions of another.

Rich Weyand
1999 Sprint ST "NOT RED"