[ST] Re: Q & A [Kimpex heated grips]

"Jim Barbour" wrote:
> Rick....two questions..
> 1.  How do you like the Kimpex grips and their installation

I have yet to install the grip heaters on my ST though we have
completed the installation on my friend's Speed Triple.  I've got
all the pieces on hand now so I should have them installed soon.

We came up with a solution for the left grip running colder than
the right.  Originally we were going to machine an insulating
sleeve from ABS pipe to fit over the left bar and use the larger
inside diameter right grip on the left side.  Then we realized
that when you buy a right grip (us $11.95) it comes with the
throttle sleeve.  So after trimming off the end of the sleeve
where the cable(s) attach, we wrapped tape around the bar until
the throttle sleeve was a snug fit, secured it to the bar with
pop rivets and installed the grip heater and grip just like we
did on the right side.  Works neat!

> and..
> 2.  Where did you get the "Sprint" decal?

It was my friend Matt who put the early Sprint decals on his RS.
I'm pretty sure he ordered them from the dealer.

> ps. and thanks for your original comment about AZ sports..

My pleasure!
- -Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST

End of st-digest V2002 #884