Re: [ST] Trophy passenger pegs on a Sprint?

Alex Ozzard-Low wrote:
> I recall reading that people had put Trophy passenger pegs on a Sprint as it
> reduced vibration and was therefore more comfortable for the Other Half.

- ---

> Or is there another solution?

I took a rather "new" passenger on a 6 000 mile tour last summer.  She
had recently endured knee surgery on both knees to correct a lateral
ligament issue.  The stock pegs weren't working after 700 miles.  We
found two cheap and very workable solutions.

go to a dive shop that rents gear.  ask to purchase one used glove (2
mm, 3mm or 5 mm..  it doesn't matter).  cut off two of the fingers of
this glove and slide them onto the pegs; put some zip ties on them to
hold them in place.  this will help some.  next go to a hunting supply
store and purchase some neoprene socks for the pillion.

problem solved.  cheap and effective.  We knocked off 2200 miles in 4
days at the end of our trip.  I am a comfortable 600-800 mile a day solo
riding.  Doing 500-600 2 up is a very different picture.  We did it, and
during the last few days the limiting factor on mileage was not related
to vibration/leg pain.

Had I known about the trophy pegs in advance, I might have tried them.
the solution we found was impromptu self reliance.

- --chuck
02 ST