Re: [ST] Chain Lubrication

> Also in cleaning the rear sprocket the WD-40 breaks up the gunk real nice
> and easy, but the black of it seems to "stain" the sprocket but getting
> into the surface irregularities, how to get rid of that?

The best tar remover type product I've used is the Turtle Wax Bug and Tar
Remover.  I use it to get the PJ-1 off my rims and it works like no other in
removing the adhesive left from stickers.  Plus, it doesn't even require
rinsing like similar products although I do so anyway.

You might also try Fast Orange on the sprocket to clean out the irregularities
in the surface.  I've used it to clean the cast rims on my other bikes and get
year-old boot marks off pipes with very little effort.

SS