sad state of the list(Re: [ST] For Sale Page)

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 04:29:34PM -0400, Bil Swartz wrote:
> On Thu, 22 May 2003, Mike Benzon wrote:
>
> > This brings up an important point, is there any other moderators on this
> > site? There should be, it would lessen the burden on Eric. There are some
> > long time listers that would serve the calling well.
>
> Indeed, I'd volunteer to help with updating web pages, etc.

Many have volunteered, including myself.  Supposedly, change is coming.

And everyone knows it is needed.  There are no archives anymore, so the
list is inundated with FAQs (and I don't fault the askers, they need
info and have no where else to get it); no uploads page; and has the
classifieds page ever been updated?  At least the 12 hour delay before
message delivery has been fixed.

I think what's desperately needed is the migration of the list to a
yahoo group (http://groups.yahoo.com).  Automatic archiving, files
section, calendars, etc.  Most importantly, it would be easy for
moderator(s) to maintain, and if the current moderator got too busy to
look after it, someone else could easily step in and take over--very
unlike the situation we have now.

I appreciate all the work Eric put into the site and the list, but it's
really fallen into a sad state lately and deserves better.

Laters,
Brian
- --
Euless, TX