RE: O-Ring used as Throttle Lock (was RE: [ST] Throttlemeister)

Checking out my O-Ring chart (I sell O-rings, among other things)....the
next size up from 1/8 thk is 3/16", smallest ID available is a 1-1/2" (a
#325).  I have some in stock so I will snag one and see if it works.  In the
1/4" thk.  the smallest ID is 4-1/2" so we know that won't work.

IF it works, 50 cents and a SASE will get you one.

Duncan
Dallas

- ----Original Message Follows----
From: "James Goldston" <jgoldston@xxxxxxxx>

I believe finding a 1/4" thick o-ring is the key.  I tried the smaller
o-ring on the way home from work today and it didn't hold well enough
either.  It did let me do some sitting upright with hands free, and now I
discover the bike leans to the left (may need to put some ballast in the
right bag).

Anyway, if anyone finds a supply of 1/4" O-rings maybe we can have a group
buy like some want to do on the 'spensive solution. ;)  Kidding folks!  I'm
counting pennies to put kids through college.  Way I figure it, who knows,
perhaps the $1.00 solution will be something I can live with.  We'll see.

James

  *