RE: [ST] Throttlemeister group purchase?

I'm checking with the RoTLE folks at http://www.lostempire.com/ to see if
they can broker the deal.  Basically, I asked them if would think about
doing a GP like this:

 1. RoTLE agrees to a discount based on a certain number agreeing to buy,
say:
    - 2% discount for 1-9 buyers
    - 4% discount (on the already discounted price if 10 people agree to
buy)
    - 6% for 15
    - 8% for 20 (or whatever formula they choose)
 2. All who want to buy provide their CC# (and email address?) to RoTLE.
 3. The sale opens from the time RoTLE posts the discount schedule until
say 30 May.
 4. Come 31 May, RoTLE emails all prospective buyers, advises them of the
discount, and asks whether they still want to buy.  Actually, this may
muddy up the waters too much.  Perhaps we should simply agree to buy no
matter how many choose to go with it, and be surprised at the additional
discount we get.
 5. 31 May, RoTLE charges the cards and ships the product.  That way, no
one on the list has to make a GP.

We'll see what they say.  They are working with their supplier to see if
they can or want to do such a deal.  I'll admit it can be complicated, but
I'd feel better about them "holding my cash."  Shoot I may even buy one
myself!

James
 '02 ST Red (with cool-looking white splotches) with
    Ugly Triumph hard bags with
    Ugly Triumph tank bag paraphernalia with
    Possibly a little bitty black O-ring on the bar end
    So much for my bike being cherry, eh? My bike was cherry when it was
new. :)
 '79 Jeep CJ-7 (with a Chevy 350 and cherry bombs for pipes:) Vroom, vroom!