Re[2]: [ST] Question on gearing

On Monday, May 26, 2003, 12:55:22 PM, Brian D . wrote:

> Do you have a tool rental place near you?  I know you're
> up in the mts, but Home Depot, ace, true value, etc should
> be able to rent you an electric impact wrench.

That's a thought, Brian; thanks.  The hardware store in town
does not rent tools, but the contractor equipment rental
place down the hill a ways (~20 miles) might have an
electric impact wrench; I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Question: does anyone know if the threads on the
countershaft sprocket are actually left hand, rather than
right hand, threads?  I did try both directions, but didn't
put nearly as much force in the left hand direction.  The
Haynes manual doesn't specify that the threads are reversed,
so I assume not.

- -Keith