[ST] Today's Isle report

Triumph at the TT.

The first practice sessions for this year's Isle of Man TT races saw
Triumph make an emphatic return to the legendary public roads circuit.
Jim Moodie immediately threw down the gantlet to the Japanese manufacturers
by topping the timesheets during Saturday's practice for the Junior TT. The
eight-time TT winner averaged 113.03mph around the 37 and
three-quarter-mile circuit, proving that the Triumph ValMoto Daytona 600 is
going to be a serious contender. Despite unfavourable conditions, the
Monday evening session saw him better his speed by 2.5mph (115.78mph),
making him the
second fastest rider in the class.
Bruce Anstey continued to impress when he clocked a 114.23mph lap in Monday
evening's Junior practice session. Triumph ValMoto's Kiwi road racing
exponent ended the day with the sixth fastest time of 19:49.08 (114.23mph).
Practice for the Production race was also successful for Moodie. After just
one lap of the Island on Saturday he recorded a speed of 112.83mph and
finished the session second fastest to Martin Finnegan. In Monday's evening
practice it was once more Bruce Anstey who put in a strong showing ending
the day as the seventh fastest Production rider on the Island with a
112.68mph lap.
Triumph ValMoto's third rider John McGuinness also looked increasingly
comfortable on the Production and Junior machines.
"I'm very pleased overall after the first couple of practices," said Team
Manager Jack Valentine. "One of the most important things on the Isle of
Man is handling. All three riders are very happy with the way the bike is
working and we've only had to make very minor adjustments. So far we've
been practicing in damp conditions, so all we need now is some good weather
and we can start to string a few laps together."
Don't forget the Website:- www.triumphvalmoto.com

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"