RE: [ST] Bending Washers (was Question on gearing)

No, the little lock wire is for the nut that holds the rear rim on.  The
washer we're talking about is for the countershaft sprocket for the chain.

Dan Wallander
www.danwallander.com
Albuquerque, NM
'99 Triumph Sprint ST
'74 BMW R90/6

Ok,

I'm a little concerned now. I've removed and replaced my rear wheel twice
now, and I didn't see any tab on any washer. Is this a 99 model feature only
(it seems everyone commenting have only been on the '99 model)? Was this
replaced by the little wire lock ring that feeds through the nut and into a
little hole in the axle, thus keeping the nut from rotating?

Is this something that I need not be concerned with? It'd be nice to know,
as I'm embarking for a long trip on Friday!