Re[2]: [ST] Push starting an ST

On Thursday, May 29, 2003, 9:44:03 AM, ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> don't short anything out, etc.

Speaking of shorting things out, I thought I'd relate
something that happened during my sprocket change adventure
that I hadn't mentioned before:

When trying to loosen the countershaft nut to get the
sprocket off, try to not accidentally hit the connector on
the starter motor with the handle of the wrench...  I did
that and it penetrated the rubber cap, resulting in many
sparks.  I didn't think much of it at the time, other than
to say "oops", but when I rolled the bike out of the garage
yesterday to take my test ride with the new sprocket and
turned the key on, there was nothing; no instruments, no
fuel pump noise, no start. I had to think about it for a
moment, but then remembered the sparks.  So, off came the
seat and the cover over the fuse block and, sure enough, the
main (40A) fuse was blown. Luckily, Triumph includes a spare
fuse right there in the block, so I was good to go after
changing it.

- -Keith
'00 RS