Re: [ST] Givi VS Triumph

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 09:03:50PM -0500, George wrote:
> Has anybody had experiences with both Givi & Triumph top boxes?  If so, can
> you give your pros and cons for each?  I'm doing a tour around Lake
> Superior in July and am thinking of adding a top box.

The Givi cases are cheaper, but you'll need an adaptor plate in addition
to the Triumph luggage rack.

You can buy whatever size Givi case you want, from a 35L "commuter" box
big enough for just a helmet, to a 52L Maxia, or any monokey case, such
as an E360 40L sidecase.

Triumph case looks cleaner on the bike.

Givi cases are more rectangular and have more usable interior space.

Givi are waterproof.  *Most* triumph topboxes are waterproof.

My wife tells me the givi (E52 maxia) makes a better backrest than the
Triumph topbox (and I even put the Triumph backrest pad on the T
topbox).

Laters,
Brian
- --