Re: [ST] Push starting an ST

I've had to do this twice and there is a trick to it.

First of all the battery needs enough life to pressurise the FI system.
That's not a biggie as even a bike that's been sitting for a few months with
the alarm on will still have enough juice to make the fuel pump whine.

Put the bike into second, pull in the clutch, push it up to a decent speed
(ie: as fast as you can without falling over), hop up into the saddle and as
you land, pop the clutch. The secret is to resist opening the throttle
during the process. I was red in the face and panting like a ST bernard in
heat before this simple fact dawned on me. Once I realised the throttle
needed to be completely closed to start the bike it fired up first time. Oh
yeah, it's much easier to jump into the saddle (and lighter to push) if you
remove the panniers :o)

HTH,
Howlin'