Re: [ST] My last questions on the ST b4 purchase, I promise!

> 1) What grade of fuel does the Sprint ST require? (has
> higher compression than VFR)

Regular 85.

> 2) What are the service intervals on ST?  Are valves
> actually out of spec. much or is it usually just a
> check and button it back up?

Oil change at 6K miles, Valves at 12K miles.
I usually find one or two require attention.

> 3) Special tools ($?)needed for valve adjustments or
> other routine maintenance on Sprint?

You'll need a 46mm socket to loosen the rear wheel nut.
The valve adjustment tool isn't essential but is relatively cheap and
useful.

> 4) Read that the lower fairing will touch down b4 the
> peg feelers on the Sprint often, this true?

It won't touch down if you're on neutral throttle in a corner. It can do so
if you chop the throttle mid corner or hit  some bumpy tarmac.

HTH,
Martin