RE: [ST] My last questions on the ST b4 purchase, I promise!

<<
2) What are the service intervals on ST?  Are valves
actually out of spec. much or is it usually just a
check and button it back up?

In 45k miles on the '99 and 25k miles on the '02 they only had to reshim
about 6 total.  Never more than 2 a time.  That's a total of 6 checks: '99
6k(just to make sure), 12k, 24k, & 36k.  '02 12k, & 24k.

<<
4) Read that the lower fairing will touch down b4 the
peg feelers on the Sprint often, this true?

I did it twice on my '99.  Once before, and once after Race Teching the
front end.  Interestingly the scrapes were about an inch apart.  It's caused
by the extra bubble in the lower fairing that is there to clear the header
to collector part of the pipe.  As has been stated, it's not a hard hit.
Another interesting note is that I've done 2 trackdays now with the '02,
Race Tech'ed front end from new, and haven't touched the fairing, but I
burned off about 1/4 of the peg feelers though.

<<
>I know of at least 5 ST
> motors that have
> been rebuilt.  My Sprint consumed and leaked oil,
> and I know of others
> with oil-consuming Triumphs.

Was this with pre 2002 Sprint STs by chance or the
redesigned ones also?

All that I can remember were the 99-01 motors.  Haven't had any reports that
I remember on '02 issues.  Certainly not mine.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen