Re: [ST] ST bar swamp on to an RS possible?

It works GREAT! the swap is easy; I did it.  The ST bars need a new
blind hole drilled for the locating tab in the RS control pods, but
that's no biggie.  I do not have and don't need GenMars in addition the
the ST bars.  I don't really think you would either.  The ST bars are a
bit wider.  It feels like power steering at first.  I would not trade
back to my RS bars if I could help it.  They are great for commuting,
but impossible on the interstate.

Looking at my RS, raising the ST bars 1/2 inch would cause the throttle
cable housing extension to hit the right fairing, you could rotate the
extension to the bottom.  Raising the bars 1" will make the turn signal
housing hit the lower edge of the left fairing.  Nothing to be done
about that but trimming the edge of the fairing below the mirrors.
GenMars under RS bars don't hit the fairing, supposedly, but both don't
look easy.

I don't know what new bars cost.  I bought mine from someone on the list
that crashed his ST for about $75.  Try pleading.  :-)

Bryce wrote:
> Read the post in he FAQ section posted here:
>
> http://www.triumphnet.com/st/
>
> Mentioning an ST swap on to an RS.
>

> An RS with ST bars and genmars....

> Are there any mods or special care that needs to be
> taken with the bar swap and addition of genmars to the
> RS or does it bolt right on?
- --
John Albright
'02 RS