Re: [ST] Non-Triumph question...

Lance,

I haven't ridden a LeMans but I have ridden a V-11 Sport.  It belongs to
David Viosca.  Cool bike, but I wouldn't want to tour on it.  It doesn't
have the smooth linear power of the triple, but with the optional carbon
cans it sounds great!  It has a weird sideways torque sensation when you get
on the throttle.  It handles well and is comfortable enough for 200 to 250
mile days, in my opinion.  Dave could probably ride it longer.  The wind
protection is greater on the ST (even though the LeMans has a fairing).  The
ride of the ST is more comfortable and the triple requires a lot less
shifting.  Unless the LeMans has a different bar setup than the Sport, you
lean a lot further forward.

All in all, I really liked the V-11 and would love to ride it more, but if I
could only have one bike to ride MOST of the time, I would stick with the
ST.  I have ridden Aprilia's, BMW's, cruisers of all makes (HD included),
and while each did something better than the others and in some cases better
than the ST, none were as complete a bike.  For me, the ST is hard to beat.

Manuel Gonzalez
2001 BRG ST
Plano, Texas