[ST] Re: Guzzi vs ST

In a message dated 5/8/03 11:55:55 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> If I had to have one bike, I'd choose the Sprint, though it feels a bit
bland
> and boring compared to the V11. For all its flaws, the Guzzi has more
> character, style and passion than the Sprint and for me is a more
satisfying
> bike to ride.

Everything Colin said is true and well stated.  The Leman's has the bars on
top of the triple tree to address the vibration, but it is not as smooth as
the ST.  The Lemans has more wind protection due to the fairing than the
naked V11 which I have.  I chose the V11 because I wanted something different
than an ST which I had and liked very much.  It is a fun bike to ride and you
have to work harder (st easier to ride fast) to achieve the same results.  I
can have the same amount of fun on the V11 at a slower speed than the ST.
You have to ask yourself what you want the bike for.  I noticed you have a
Tiger and Goldwing which means you may not need the one bike does all, the ST
is so great at.  I have driven my V11 250 to 450 miles daily and that is
about all I want it to do.  It has 23,000 miles and I think it is getting
better as it ages.  The newest Guzzis will have hydralic valves.  Self
adjusting.  Drop in some platinum plugs and change the fluids minimal Maint.

Later,

David "Bird Dawg" Viosca
00 V11S "Kermit"
99ST "Stealthy one" (RIP)