[ST] Deal's Gap, Tennessee and North Carolina Riding

Howdy folks,
    Just wanted to drop a line hoping to catch Don Cassidy before he left
for this area. Please check the web site www.Tailofthedragon.com if you get
a chance before you head to The Gap (The photo of the "Telecom Riders" of
Florida and Georgia is us - Barb and I are on the right). The recent heavy
rains and flooding have really taken a toll on the surrounding roads. When
my wife and ran the gap last Saturday, there were three places they had
uncovered from mud slides the day before...it was VERY treacherous in a
couple of places (mainly at The Hump) and there were quite a few black skid
marks headed over the edge in these areas. For those of you who have been
having close encounters of the trucking kind...check out the one we had with
a rig on Deal's gap!! The video is here
http://www.ridedealsgap.com/vid/0503.mov. As for an Eastern Ralley. I might
be able to do something more towards fall. Anyone interrested? I am in
Atlanta and have some pretty good connections with Speed TV (Chet Burks
productions, could probably get something going with them) and some great
local Motorcycle locations. Let me know what you think.

Later,
Dave Smoot
'99 ST (Red)

End of st-digest V2002 #984