[ST] Re: Valve issue

<<<
I am not pressing any recourse from Triumph, my bike is beyond any warranty
and my
lack of valve adjustment would clearly be an issue. So let's not go in that
direction for my
case.

Mike-

I agree that your lack of valve adjustments may be an issue.  But there is
precedence for Triumph paying for valve work after the warranty has expired.
My 99 had the top-end rebuilt including new cylinder liners and valve seats
at the 24,000 mark due to excessive oil usage.  It was out of warranty but
Triumph helped out (I don't remember the exact split, but it was definitely
more than half the total).  Mine wasn't the only bike at this shop to
require such work.

- -Stephen