Re: [ST] Re: Possible bad Triumph valve design

Mike wrote:

> I spoke with a college instructor today at the race track and asked him
what
> he knew about valve bounce and if my story sounded valid. He told me he
has
> seen cupping on valves from weak springs and unsufficient spring
dampening.

You mean your valve springs aren't getting enough water sprayed on them?
Sorry, couldn't resist :-) How are valve springs ever damped? Admittedly
there would be some friction from the seals on the valve stems but I would
thought that would have minimal effect.

Phil
'02 S3