Re: [ST] HP IPAQ Handlebar Mount

Hey Joel,

I fabricated a mount for my Garmin GPSV out of two small pieces of 1/2" thick
High Density Polyethelyne (available at McMaster Carr). Basically one piece is
a clamp that sandwiches the left hand bar. It's a square with a hole (just
smaller than the diameter of the bar) drilled in it and then cut in half and
bolted back together. Then another piece that acts as a shelf is held in place
at a right angle by the  same bolts. I then bolted the dashboard mount that
comes with the Garmin unit right to it. It's a little tricky getting the angles
right and machining the clamp to fit around the other items on the bar but it
only took me a couple of hours.

It was originally meant to be a prototype and then I would refine it to look a
little nicer but it works and I never had the time etc. etc. So it's a little
rough around the edges but it works great.

I can email pictures of it if your interested.

Steve Bergman

'01 ST Blue