[ST] Re: Triumph tank bag

<For owners of the Triumph tank bag, you've probably noticed the zippered
pockets on the left and right sides.  Has anyone figured out anything that
can reasonably be placed in those pockets?

Because of the inner plastic stay that keeps the sides stiff, I find that
the outer side pockets are unusable, except maybe for holding small pieces
of paper.  Am I just using it wrong? -David Pullen >

my elegant solution for the outside pockets was to lay out all my "A list"
tank bag stuff looking for thin, flat, curved [or at least flexible]
stuff.

i found zero items fitting the specification. and zero hands slim enough
to retrieve anything from those pockets.

but my side pockets DO have a fine use - my belt-clip Walkman hangs on the
left side, and i can adjust volume / frequency with my little-used left
hand.

at least, that worked until i walked through a narrow spot with the radio
clipped to my Levis' back pocket, and we parted ways destructively...we
won't get into my extensive butt-erior centerline.

having settled that - what do we do with the zippered INNER pockets?

and can i get a vote on how many of you would want the outer or inner
pockets in the shorty tank bag that fits your factory mount?

cheers
bp, where it's raining but the Sooners are gonna whup OSU today.