Re: [ST] Can + Tune

On Saturday, November 8, 2003, 8:43:05 AM, Stephen McSpadden wrote:

> However, my nearest dealer is 35-40 miles away. If I fit
> the can and ride the bike to him, am I likely to do
> lasting damage? Is it any real risk or am I just paranoid?

FWIW, when I purchased the carbon can for my RS from someone
on this list, I asked my dealer/mechanic about this.  I live
90 miles from him and he said it would be best if I did not
put it on and ride it over, as he felt that 90 miles could
do harm to the exhaust valves.  How that relates to your
35-40 mile trip, I don't know, so YMMV.  I'd ask the
mechanic, if I were you, before taking the ride.

> PS Just how noisy can I expect this to be ....?

It's not too bad, but definitely louder than the stock can;
it's not nearly as bad as the Microns, Yoshimuras, etc.  It
gives the bike a much deeper, throatier sound, which I like
a lot.

- -Keith
'00 RS