Re[2]: [ST] Can + Tune

On Saturday, November 8, 2003, 1:52:29 PM, Stephen McSpadden wrote:

> That's my worry too. I was simply trying to cut down the
> number of trips. One (in the car) to take the can over.
> Another to take the bike and get the can and tune fitted,
> and then a third (in the car) to bring the stock can back.
> This particular dealer does not have a great reputation
> for mechanical/servicing work, but I've so far had no
> problems. The dealer I bought the bike from, and have had
> servicing done at, is 100 miles away. 600 miles to fit a
> can? No thanks.

I was able to attach the can, which was wrapped in bubble
wrap, across my seat with a mesh bungee net.  That worked
fine for getting it there without the need for a car.  The
stock can was hot from the ride over, of course, so I left
it with the dealer and picked it up on my next service
visit; he no problem storing it for me for a couple of
months.

- -Keith
'00 RS