RE: [ST] Riding Styles and Consumption of consumables

One thing to note is that I ride a Sprint RS, as opposed to an ST. If
there's one thing that is truly different between the two models, it's the
rear brake, swingarm, and other associated bits like the exhaust and center
stand.

The single-sided swingarm bikes of Triumph are well known for coming from
the factory with wooden rear brakes. ;) In general terms, they suck. OTOH,
the rear brake of the RS (mine at least) is very good easy to modulate,
rarely do I lock it up without doing so purposely. (And I don't do that but
once every 2 years when I re-take the MSF-ERC.)

I *DO* use my rear brake on the street. Mainly for slow speed stuff like
U-turns, but I also apply it when I have some weight on the rear (like my
son), or when I need to brush off just a wee bit more speed on a corner
entry. Why the pads have gone 42,000 miles is a mystery to me.

I use the fronts more aggressively. I am one of those that like to wait a
bit before braking. Not a stoppie kind of guy, but I do love hauling the
bike down from speed inducing some negative G's. I do ride fairly hard, but
still sane. I would gage my front pad life to be an average of 24,000 mile
intervals. Pretty good pads, I'd say.

Ken M.
'00 RS
Spencer MA USA