[ST] FYI - OIL

I don't know where this came from.  I just received it in my email.
Thought, if anything, it makes for interesting reading.

     WHY does every - Jet Fighter Engine - use it exclusively?

     The Best Keep U.S. Military Maintenance SECRET

     First turbo-prop and then jet aircraft engines raised the bar on what
was
required of a lubricant. The Extreme high speed, high heat and cold
temperature performance requirements of those aircraft engines created a
demand for new kinds of lubricants...

     That have gone from exotic to mainstream because... those very same
kind
of high-protection and high-performance lubricant BENEFITs are NOW a
Necessity, NOT a Luxury for our modern complex automotive mechanical
components.

    WHY has the mighty GM Corvette required synthetic (GM 4718 M) motor oil
to maintain warranty requirements since 1991.

    ALSO - The Oil Change Mistake That Cost Mercedes-Benz 32 Million
Dollars - A U.S District Court Judge in Philadelphia Has awarded a 32
million
dollar class action settlement to American owners of Mercedes-Benz vehicles
due to the company's failure to specify the use of synthetic motor oil with
its
Flexible Service System (FSS).  Many Mercedes-Benz motorist who used
conventional oil experienced premature engine wear problems.

     Today conventional lubricants provide marginal protection for modern
complex engines and transmissions  most of the time - but there's a big
difference between marginal failure prevention - and total wear
protection...
The Choice is Yours...

BAD - LAMINAR Flow

GOOD - TURBULENT Flow

Film-Strength = Wear Protection

Four Ball Wear Test = Wear Protection Test

SAE Technical Paper # 952553 * Documented Synthetic Motor Oils Go The
Distance *

And more... @ http://tinyurl.com/rcee

Have A Very Fine Navy Day...