[ST] Help: Sprint won't start

So here's the unfortunate story: I left on vacation in
September and came home with a broken foot. Now, at
long last, I'm ready to go for a ride today and the
bike wont start.

It hasn't run for about 2.5-3 months and had a mostly
full tank of gas. Unfortunately I never put any
stablizer in it.  When I went to start it today, it
fired briefly and weakly on the first crank and then
nothing. Now when I turn it over, the start runs but I
get no bangs and what's coming out the pipe doesn't
smell particularly like gasoline. I had it on a
charger with no affect, so I doubt it's a battery
issue.

Any tips or ideas of where to start tracking down the
problem?

Thanks!