Re: [ST] Help: Sprint won't start

My RS did something like that. I trailered it to the dealer and on the
second day at the dealer, it started right up.  No one ever knew why or
what happened.  I had tried several times and the dealer tried to start
it at least twice before it fired.

3 months is not enough time for the fuel to go bad.  Some fuel left on
the injector pintle might be gummed up and making one or more stick.
Try cycling the ignition switch a few times so the fuel pump pressures
the system cyclically.

When you do get it running, put in some Redline SI-1, available at Pep
Boys et al.  It is the only in-tank cleaner that works.

Kurt Windisch wrote:

>Now, at long last, I'm ready to go for a ride today and the
>bike wont start.
>
>It hasn't run for about 2.5-3 months and had a mostly
>full tank of gas. Unfortunately I never put any
>stablizer in it.

- --
John Albright
'02 RS