RE: [ST] Hard Stsrting

John

I think you may have a problem somewhere.

My two T5s start immediately. Even after several weeks in the garage (This winter I use mostly the Sprint, Daytona started after 4/5 rotations, but after 2 months waiting in a very cold garage).

I see you tried different techniques.

The Daytona never liked to be started too rapidly (key on and immediately button pressed). It starts, but doesn't run well after.

The Sprint seems to be less sensitive.

I think there is no difference with starters between Daytona and Sprint (at least before '02 engines).

I had these difficulties to start with a 1200 Daytona.. It was only oxidation on the start button. Easily fixed. Oxidation can also exist on battery connectors, ... can also be a pb with fuel, fuel pump, fuel lines, ...

T3's needed a well charged battery to be able to start properly.

Pascal Auger
'00 silver Daytona 955
'01 blue Sprint ST
France