Re: [ST] Short results and some chilling facts

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:29:18 -0800, Neal A. Dillman wrote:

>Onto my next question:  What's everyones opinion on heated clothing?
>Specifically, I am interested in heated vests.  I am aware of versions from:
>Gerbing's: http://www.gerbing.com/
>Widder: http://www.widder.com/
>Areostitch: http://www.aerostitch.com/
>Chilli's: http://www.calamander.co.uk/ (sold in the US through Sargent)
>Who's is the best?

I think Gerbing's is the best. They put out the most heat. Go with the jacket
liner, the sleeves will keep your arms nice and warm.
I know (from friends) that Widder & Aerostich make good products and there
vests work well. I just think Gerbings is a little better.
I don't know anything about Chilli's.

>And finally, heated grips vs. gloves:  I tend to lean towards heated
>gloves, as it is usually the outside of my hand that gets cold, but I
>would like to hear the pros and cons of both.

Both is best. Heated gloves are the BEST, 10 times better then grips.
But the grips are always on the bike, which is very nice if you get surprised
by the cold (or stay out too late).

I have Gerbings jacket liner & heated gloves, plus the dual controller. I have
had them for over two years and I am very happy with them. The heat
controller is worth the money.

David W. Funk
'00 Triumph Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA