[ST] Stalling at Low RPM

My 2000 ST suddenly started with this shameful behavior right at the
start of a "Ride for Kids" where I was surrounded by about 1,000 of my
closest riding buddies, most on Harleys. It acts like an electrical
problem, but I'm not sure. At first it would stall suddenly when
letting out the clutch from a stop, but then later it would even stall
when coasting to a stop with the clutch in, and in gear. It idles OK
for awhile, but will suddenly stall without warning. It runs fine at
other rpms. I needed to use some revs to get it away from a stop
without stalling, and even then it didn't always work.

I thought about the clutch safety switch, the sidestand switch, bad
gas, dirty injectors, a bad sensor, etc. I also disconnected the ECM
and reconnected it to do a complete power cycle. I guess I need a shop
manual at this point, since I haven't been able to do much
troubleshooting without it.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Randy Busing
2000 Red ST