From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Stuart Mumford
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 2:54 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] New end can and tune on 2nd generation (2002) ST

Has anyone installed an aftermarket performance end can and succesfully
uploaded a new tune on one of the new motors?

I understand that with the new closed loop FI system, the new ECU isn't as
user friendly for new tunes. The old open loop system allowed for
manipulation of the mixture, but the later model applies whatever map is pre
programmed without allowing for any fine tuning via the tuneboy.

If anyone has had great results with the new generation motor and an end
can, what tune did you use?

I just put a nice CF Jardine on my '02 ST, it has regained all the
driveability that my 99 had, smooth and powerful running from idle on up
(got rid of the "peakiness" and flat spot which was really pissing me off),
but it does put out some pretty healthy backfiring during downshifting.

Thanks
Stuart Mumford
Riverside CA

*