Re: [ST] '04 Season Rides [was Email Working?]

It's 82 here in L.A.
Cam
- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick & Joyce" <rnjwes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 10:04 AM
Subject: [ST] '04 Season Rides [was Email Working?]

> Lots of people up north not riding much right now.

No kidding!  It's snowing here :o|.

So whatcha wanna talk about?  Tried to get an oil thread going a while
back but it fizzled.  How about next season's rides?

Here's our schedule:
May 21st - 23rd (Fri - Sun) - Season Opener (N.W. CA)
Hopefully the mountain snows will have melted!

July 16th - 18th (Fri - Sun) - Summer Scorcher

September 9th - 12th (Thur - Sun) - TRAP Rally - Baker City (E. OR)

Plus, we're trying to put together a regional RAT ride.  Here's some
commentary on the area:
At the intersection of US395 & US26, John Day is right smack in the
middle many of the best roads in Oregon.  You can head north and just
rail on pavement like a new racetrack. Go west and turn left and
you're into single-track paved logging roads that are really a kick.
Go east and either make the Sumpter-Ukiah loop (One of my alltime
favorites), or make a day out of it and do the Halfway road for an
aerobic workout. Go south for a fun rail on 395, then east into the
Strawberry mountains for a short route and stop at Blue Mountain Hot
Springs for a soak. These are only a few of the options. I haven't
mentioned the Susanville Road, the Monument Road, or the
Kimberly-Mitchell loop. No other area that I know of offers so many
challenging loops without traversing the same pavement over and over.

This area has the best chance for good weather, and WAY less police
enforcement than northern CA or southern WA. Many of these roads are
wide open without the limited visibility of forest riding. Others are
forested. The landscape is varied and absolutely gorgeous varying from
forest to desert to scenic vistas. Many of these routes run right next
to rivers.

I'll say it again.  Come ride with us.
- --
Rick in Oregon