Re: [ST] Real <proven> benefits of triumph performance exhaust?

In my experience / opinion a change in the muffler (aka "can") rarely makes
any genuine difference in performance.  To get any real boost you would need
to change out the entire exhaust system (i.e. headers, pipes and muffler)
and have it tuned to the particular motor.  That being said, a change in the
muffler can smooth out the torque curve somewhat on modern bikes, given the
EPA mandated noise / emissions standards.  What an aftermarket can really
gives over all other factors is a really cool ~sound~.  It makes the bike
sound like it "should", nothing more, nothing less.  So fergit about any
real performance gains and enjoy that sweet triple howl.

happy trails,

steve duncan
dallas, tejas