RE: [ST] License tests

Well, let's see...

In Wisconsin about 1987, they put a speaker in your helmet and a receiver
in your pocket and followed you around in a car while telling you where to
go.  Pretty good real world test.  They made me park the bike twice, uphill
and downhill to see if I did it right.  Left turns, right turns,
neighborhoods at 25, school zones, four lane at 50, stop signs, yield
signs, merge signs, street lights etc.

In Idaho about 1993 you didn't need a motorcycle endorsement to ride a bike
on the street, so anyone with a driver's license could hop on and go.

In New Mexico about 8 years ago, they set four cones up in the back parking
lot and made me figure eight up and back without hitting a cone and without
putting my feet down.  that's it.

Dan Wallander
www.danwallander.com
VP-TSRA, IBA, AMA, ABC, HSTA