Re: [ST] Gas Leak

Rick,
Triumph is pretty good about taking care of safety/reliability
items beyond the warranty term.  Suggest you contact your dealer
and ask him to request a 'goodwill' replacement.

Failing that, it would be pretty easy to fabricate a cover plate
for the opening.
- --
Good luck,
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST

> Daggumit,
>
> I had the fuel level sending unit changed a year ago, under
warranty because
> of the recall.  I assume the dealer replaced it with a "good"
one.  "Good"
> meaning it won't develop a leak again.
>
> I just finished riding back from lunch and I smell gas.  I
check and see the
> fuel dripping in the back of my engine.  It looks like it's the
fuel level
> sending unit again.  This time, I have no more warranty.  It's
expired.

> I'm not going through this every year.  Does Triumph have a
different vendor
> for the unit?  Or, better yet, can I do away with it all
together?  Like is