[ST] for Eric - Giving your kids rides

       With my seven kids, size and the desire to go were the most
important considerations, rather than age.  I had them ride in front
of me holding on to my arms until their legs were long enough to
easily reach the pegs.  Then they rode on the back holding on to my
belt at my hips.  They all hated to give up that front seat, finding
the back boring when they were used to the view from up front and the
wind in their hair.  This all was before helmets became commonplace
or readily available.  My sons all used the same system when their
kids  came along with equal success.

       In our maternal society now, I guess it would be considered
child abuse, or at least endangerment.  Like when we let the kids sit
on our lap and drive the old pick-em-up truck, boat or airplane!
Never dreamed I'd see the day....

                                        doggydoo   - - - o&\o