RE: [ST] re: fuel fitting threads

It's ironic that when I cam in late on this fitting fuel leak thread I
develop a major fuel leak.  At first I thought it was the fuel level sending
unit, because I saw the gas dripping off the wire at the connector.  BUT,
after further investigation,  it was really the fitting area that was the
culprit.

I went to a local shop (ACS) and they were more than happy to help.  They've
seen this happen alot over their years in business, so they stock the metal
fittings in several sizes.  I replaced both hose end fittings with metal
ones.  I also wanted to change the screw in mate on the tank, but they said
the leaks almost always occur on the piece that snaps in & out of the tank.
They were right.  That's where my leak was.

On the down side they were $25 each, but a $50 bill is worth the
satisfaction of long term durability.  If anything, I'll only have to
replace the o-ring down the road.  These won't break.

:) Rich :)
Another happy customer.