RE: [ST] Need a Rear wheel -- but now have a new problem

Greets Folks,

Thanks to the list I have a new wheel coming.  I'll do an update as soon as
I get it, at which time I will definitely sing the provider's praises.

Like the subject heading says, I have a new problem now.  The new wheel is
also coming with a tire, so I figured I'd have fun burning off the old one.
Well, I think I toasted my clutch.  One would think the ST would have no
problem doing burnouts, practicing drag strip take offs, etc. but maybe my
technique was all wrong.

Anyhoo, I think the clutch is hosed.  Symptoms: the bike will change gears
just fine, but letting out the clutch does nothing.  Sometimes the bike will
move a little (go about 4 or 5 feet), but increasing throttle provides no
corresponding increase in movement.

I've replaced a clutch before, but that was on a 1965 Honda 65.  I haven't
looked in my Triumph manual yet, but will this afternoon.  I have been
planning on having the dealer do the work, as I wasn't sure what else I
might have mangled as well.  However, I thought I'd give the List a chance
to provide some enlightenment.  Could I have trashed anything else?  The
gears seem to work just fine.  No strange noises at any time.

If you feel like prattling on about how doing burnouts is bad, bad, bad then
you can do that too, but you won't get very far with me.  I bought a bike to
have fun with, not admire.  But, I will acknowledge that playing has it's
drawbacks, for example, I'm driving a mini-van to work now. :(

Anyway, thoughts?
Thanks,
James
 '02 ST