Re: [ST] Need a Rear wheel -- but now have a new problem

Sounds like you smoked it!  Tires are stickier than ever these days.

It doesn't look a bit different than the Honda.  You will have to remove
the starter drive first.  Buy all new gaskets and a new Belleville
washer, consider new springs, but talk to your dealer about that.  I
didn't find any specs to test them by.

James Goldston wrote:

>Greets Folks,
>
>Thanks to the list I have a new wheel coming.  I'll do an update as soon as
>I get it, at which time I will definitely sing the provider's praises.
>
>Like the subject heading says, I have a new problem now.  The new wheel is
>also coming with a tire, so I figured I'd have fun burning off the old one.
>Well, I think I toasted my clutch.  One would think the ST would have no
>problem doing burnouts, practicing drag strip take offs, etc. but maybe my
>technique was all wrong.
>
>Anyhoo, I think the clutch is hosed.  Symptoms: the bike will change gears
>just fine, but letting out the clutch does nothing.  Sometimes the bike will
>move a little (go about 4 or 5 feet), but increasing throttle provides no
>corresponding increase in movement.
>
>I've replaced a clutch before, but that was on a 1965 Honda 65.  I haven't
>looked in my Triumph manual yet, but will this afternoon.

- --
John Albright
'02 RS
Chattanooga