Re: [ST] Autumn ride in the north Georgia mountains

At 09:25 PM 10/18/03, David Pullen wrote:

>I had intended to take a lot of pictures, but unfortunately I couldn't find
>much that was really good enough to be worth stopping and getting the camera
>out.  In any case, at least the weather was great, and it was a good day to
>get out.
>
>For anyone who's interested, the few pictures I did take are posted at:
>
>http://www.pbase.com/dpullen/sprint_tour

You were just looking in the wrong places. From Clayton east out Warwoman
Road to 28 over to SC 107 to NC 281 to NC 215 up to the Parkway (especially
215 up to the Parkway) the hills were aflame with color this weekend. A
couple of us did an overnighter up to BlueRidge Campground on 276 in Cruso,
NC. Wonderful weather, color. And avoiding places like Helen, Dahlonega,
Blairsville, Highlands, etc gets you great roads with no cars. Pure Bliss.

Still a week or so too early for the area you were riding in.

Charlie McCullough
tz250 WERA#90
Duc 748
Triumph Sprint ST