From: James Goldston <jgoldston@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Oct 21, 2003 8:56 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Insurance premium after a ticket

I'm curious.  Anyone care to share the impact on insurance premium rate
after receiving a ticket going really fast, say over 100?  Maybe going 30,
40, etc over the posted speed limit would have the same effect.  On
twisties, many bikes (with appropriate tires) can easily double the speed
limit and you wouldn't risk going to jail, but doubling the speed limit in a
70 zone could find you in immediate separation from your trusty steed, no?

BTW, I've decided to gear my bike down (dropping a tooth on the
countersprocket) to get more low end AND to reduce the max speed.  Waiting
on the part now.

James '02 ST