[ST] Ride for Steak

OK, at this point, it looks like a relatively small group

me
Cindy
Andre
Hunter
Chris
Jim Schroeder (ST List)
Rick Davids
Kevin R (St List)

plus...

GB3 & the loverly Sabine, joining us for lunch - (unless we have a big
group and I can talk him into riding with us and having Sabine chase in the
truck...), and
Roland & SO, who may meet us along the way (Jim S and he should connect -
Jim is coming from Palmdale, and Roland from Wrightwood)

which ought to be pretty manageable.

IF it were to turn out to be a bigger group (a) I'd better know by Tuesday,
because that's when I'm calling for a reservation (will make reso for 1:30
to give us some time to be late...we may wind up hanging in Nipomo for a
bit...); and (b) we'll change from riding as one or two groups to 'free
flight' as they call it in Air Traffic Control -

We'll have 4 meetup places:

Chevron @ Sunset & PCH (leave @6:15);
Breakfast Place in Ojai - basically right next to the Chevron on Ojai Blvd
; right at the end of the arched storefronts (leave @ 8:30 - if there is a
slow group, I may try and get them to leave 30 mins earlier);
Gas in Taft - Chevron on the 33 and Kern (leave @ 10:15 - may try and get
slow group to leave earlier);
Jocko's in Nipomo - 125 North Thompson Ave.

I'd like to find someone who will be by a 'puter and a phone most of the
day who can play switchboard in the event that anyone has
problems...volunteers?

Direx to Jocko's:

Nipomo is about 3 mi S. of Pismo/Arroyo Grande

from the 101, exit at Taft Ave. in Nipomo. Go East on Taft; you'll come to
an area where the road is being rebuilt and gravelley, so be careful. At
the next major N/S street, sniff the air - you're at Thompson St., and
Jocko's is on the NWC of Taft and Thompson.

mmmm...steak...

End of st-digest V2002 #1307