[ST] Triumph at the Macau GP

This update from my buddy Brian across the pond. Let's just hope SpeedTV
show the macau race again this year.

Hi Jack,

Triumph race team are on the move again - overseas!!!

Triumph ValMoto heads east

Next month Triumph ValMoto sets sail for the South China Sea. The British
team will be just one of many motorcycle racing squads taking part in the
2003 Macau Grand Prix, but is sure to be one of the most eagerly
anticipated arrivals.
The Macau GP is a motorcycling anomaly. The three-day festival of speed
takes place on the Guia circuit - a challenging city centre layout that
allows absolutely no margin for rider error. It is also the only event at
which cars share the stage with bikes, however the Union Jack emblazoned
Triumph ValMoto Daytona 600s are sure to hog a good deal of the limelight.
In just its first year of competition, Triumph ValMoto has already notched
up some impressive results in public road racing competitions. An historic
victory in the Isle of Man Junior TT made headlines around the world and
the team is hoping for the same degree of success in Macau.
By once more acquiring the services of TT winner Bruce Anstey, Triumph
ValMoto has taken an important step towards realising these hopes. "This
will be my first time in Macau but I think I'll adapt pretty quickly," said
Anstey. "There are a lot of long straights and flat-out corners that the
bike should just eat up. There's no run-off anywhere, so you've got to give
the circuit a lot of respect, but once I've got my head around the layout I
can't see there being too many problems. We've done a bit of testing
recently and it seems that the boys at ValMoto have been working really
hard on the bike because it's even faster than before. I can't wait to get
back on it."
Anstey will be partnered by Australian Motorcycle News journalist and
accomplished racer Sam MacLachlan, who recently finished second in the
Australian Superstock Championship.
After an exceptional end to the season that saw Craig Jones give the team
its first British Supersport Championship podium, Team Manager Jack
Valentine is enthusiastic about getting the bikes back on the road. "The
Macau GP is a brilliant event," he said. "The atmosphere is fantastic and
competing on city streets is unique in the world of bike racing. We got the
bikes working really well towards the end of last season and we've made
some significant gains in horsepower since then, so I'm really looking
forward to giving them a run out in Macau. There's going to be some good
bikes and riders out there but ValMoto has a history of success at this
event and I want the first 600cc machine home this year to be a Triumph."

Regards, Brian.

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"