Re: [ST] Suspension settings

If one stone is 14 pounds, like I think it is, then I'm the 14 1/2 pound
rider.  Those settings, as stated, were indeed quite good and I used
them for some time.  Since, I've changed the front springs and am
looking for a new rear spring to reduce preload and increase rate.  I am
dissatisfied with the touring spring rates my RS has.  However, although
I am running max rear preload, I am still using the rebound
recommendation for my weight/fast road.

Perhaps the t595 moderator adjusted the MCN values.  From memory, the
stock settings look like what is in my owner's manual.

Barry Evans wrote:

>Beware! In the artcile referenced below in the T595 link, MCN got their
>turns and clicks mixed up. There are 2 clicks to a turn on the rear rear
>pre-load. Hence the standard/factory/manual setting for solo rear preload is
>12 turns = 24 clicks.
>I and many others wrote to MCN about this by email and through their message
>board, but they never replied to my email so either I've got it completely
>wrong? or they're too slack to reply or too embarressed at making such a
>basic potentially dangerous error? It would figure from the logic of their
>error that -for example- where they say '10 clicks from max' (for 10 stone
>track
>rear preload) they mean 10 turns (i.e. 20 clicks) from max.
>Barry
>01 BRG ST
>

>>Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 19:50:28 -0400
>>From: Colt45 <colt4530@xxxxxxxxxxx>