RE: [ST] Oil Curiosity, Hopefully not an Oil Thread

What make the Triumph oil $12ish a liter is that it's the European version
of Mobil MX4T, so you have extra VAT and customs fees tacked onto the price.

Although my local dealer stocks the Mobil 4T for Triumph, he said, most of
his Triumph customers use Golden Spectro 15-50 or Silkolene 15-50, or Mobil
MX4T.  All around $7.95-$8.95 per liter.

I probably wouldn't use the local Wal-mart Mobil 1. Only because our bikes
are wet-sump.  I was told that, all that clutch action it tends to froth a
standard automobile oil (i.e. Mobil 1).  That hurts it's lubrication
effectiveness.  Also, those oils aren't made for the higher revs.  I
normally cruise at 5000-5500 RPM's, where my cage cruise is about 2500
RPM's.

But having said this, everything is subjective and there are many opinions.
Personally, since I spent the money for a motorcycle with a high performance
engine, I give it better than standard care and thus spend the few extra $$$
for the "better" (again subjective) oil.

- -Rich