Re: [ST] heated grips?

As others have answered you, yes, they work well with a Throttlemeister.  I
found that when using the Throttlemeister with heated grips on my ST, I
didn't need to install the rubber insert at the end of the grip as you
would with normal grips.  I find the Throttlemeister actually works better
with the heated grips because of the sturdier construction of the grip (it
doesn't deform with the pressure of the Throttlemeister).

I found the only tricky part of the installation was cutting the hole in
the fairing for the switch.  The dealer told me to use a drill bit as a saw
and cut-out the fairing.  I found it was much easier and more exacting to
drill holes at the corners and center and use a file to shape the
cut-out.  I also found the template supplied with the Triumph grips does
was not made for the ST fairing (although the part number was correct).  I
called the dealer to complain, but he said the units were now all supplied
with the ill fitting template.  To explain further, the "cut-out" part of
the template is sized correctly, it's only the exterior shape of the
template that doesn't match the picture in the product instructions.

I've only had my heated grips on for about two months and haven't
experienced any cold weather yet, but just from the little I've played with
them, I'm sold on their utility.  $166 was the best price I could find.