RE: [ST] Here's a poser

Sidestand safety switch shorting, stuck in closed position?  Then check the
clutch sensor and then the kill switch.

I would start there.

Dan Wallander
www.danwallander.com
Albuquerque, NM
'99 Triumph Sprint ST
'74 BMW R90/6

Here are the details: Today after work I went to start the Blue Devil. I
turned the key, waited for the fuel pump to prime, hit the start button
and the head lights dimmed but no starter. I checked all the obvious
things: in neutral, kick stand up, clutch in, kill switch on, I tried
again, same thing. I double checked all the aforementioned items and
tried again. Nada. I turned the key to off, swore a few times. Turned
the kill switch off then on. Turned the key. Hit the starter button.
Nuttin'. Cursed some more and in frustration I squeezed the clutch and
front brake levers real hard and hit the button. Voila! She started
after a few turns.

Now the only thing that I can think of is that water got where it
shouldn't have. It has been raining the past two days. During the day,
my baby is parked outside, under a stairway, spitting distance from the
Hudson River (Well, if Stephen Forbes moved his freakin' huge boat out
of the way I could hit the water.)

Any guess as to what went wrong?